Version 2.4.7 (27-Oct-2013)
- Fix icon drawing issues on Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
Version 2.4.6 (06-Jun-2013)
- Fix bug preventing certain items in a catalog file from being searched
- Application stability improvements — app crashers and potential catalog file issues resolved
Version 2.4.5 (11-Sep-2012)
- GateKeeper support for Mountain Lion (Mac OS X 10.8)
- Fix intermittent freeze experienced by some users after saving documents on Lion/Mountain Lion
- Fix undo scan disk behavior when using "Scan Disk" dialog box or drag-and-drop scanner
- Save and restore disk label attributes - label name, presence on label list, and number of label copies - when updating a volume
- Values set in label print tweak dialog box are now saved and respected when printing labels
- Properly trap return key on "Set Starting Serial Number" dialog box
- Deleting volume name in catalog window rename box properly clears the item's custom name
- Full screen window height no longer creates windows that are taller than the height of the screen
- Moving columns around now marks the file as needing to be saved
Version 2.4.4 (02-Aug-2011)
- Add Danish localization
- Use power-of-10 definition of kilo, mega, & gigabyte (not power of 2)
- Support right arrow to expand and left arrow to collapse in the view hierarchy, with or without the command key (consistent with Finder view-by-list)
- All items in catalog window now show their disk serial number
- Remove 31-character limit from Export As TEXT dialogs
- Use custom font/font size selection when printing from report window
- Label Template Editor UI improvements
- Smooth (anti-aliased) shapes in label template editor and when printing
- Smooth (anti-aliased) text in label template editor, label printing, dialog boxes, and other windows
- Label printing now uses rectangular label template, not round rectangle, since most labels are rectangular
- Fix "Memory corrupt" error while scanning multi-session optical media (CD-ROM/DVD-ROM)
- DiskTracker application can now be renamed and will still launch properly
- DiskTracker application now appears in spotlight searches
- Fix crash when dismissing rename box that was brought up by clicking
- Fix possible crash after hiding invisible items
- Fix crash when drilling out of empty folders
- Fix slow page-up/page-down performance with lots of selections
- Fix slow Select All performance
- Export as TEXT "All Items" now shows all items rooted in currently visible directory
- Fix failure when trying to open a catalog file with 444 permissions
- Correctly match disks when using "Update" on offline volume
- Fix crash after creating more than one folder in a directory using Item->New Folder
- Fix bug where item isn't moved within the catalog when dragging from the root of one disk catalog to the root of another
- Drag and drop between volumes now copies long file names
- Fix "corrupt catalog" errors when importing some DiskTracker 1.x files
- Fix overflowed file sizes when exporting to 1.x files
- Fix issue where status bar/column headers are not drawn properly when opening certain catalog files
- Properly show/hide second scroll bar when splitting/unsplitting catalog window
- Fix "get creator from file" feature in general preferences
- Fix "get creator/type from file" feature in search dialog box
- Fix bug causing double-click and context menu to stop working after dragging item from catalog window
- When exporting a report window with "all items" selected, do not export an empty list
- Fix "out of disk space" error when saving a previously-saved item filter
- Fix byte-flipped creator when saving exported as TEXT files
- When exporting the contents of the search results window, properly respect the "sizes in bytes" checkbox
- Fix redraw/visual glitches
- Label Template Editor: Fix indeterminate state ("-") checkbox when template borders are turned on in label template dimensions dialog box
- Fix bug that deletes contents of label template when using label template editor at the same time as label preview
Version 2.4.3 (15-Nov-2010)
- Live resize and live scrollbars for search result/label list windows
- Live resize and live scrollbars for label preview window
- Live resize and live scrollbars for label editor window
- Live scrollbars for get info window
- Smooth fonts in dialog boxes and some other windows
- Fix broken cancel button in "save label template before quitting" alert box
Version 2.4.2 (28-Jul-2010)
- Smooth fonts in catalog window, report window, get info window, progress window, and splash window
- User-selectable font size in Search Result window
- Live window resizing and scrollbars for catalog window
- Switch to numerical sorting in list
- Shift click and command click now have the same meanings as elsewhere in Mac OS X
- Shift-up/down-arrow extends selection in both catalog and report windows
- Larger default window size for Search Result window
- Add "[read only]" title bar text to indicate read-only files
- Disallow item delete and move-to-trash when file is open read-only
- Scan long file/folder names within .zip/.sit archives (longer than 31 characters)
- Scan long archive names (longer than 31 characters)
- Window Zoom box now works in a consistent manner with other Mac OS X apps
- Fix crash when trying to zoom windows not in the foreground
- Fix bug where master disk is required to be inserted when changing disk s/n or catalog name for disks which have catalog names set
- Do not allow items to be drag & dropped into one of their descendants
- Properly compute directory sizes with files larger than 2GB in them
- Fix "Corrupt Catalog" error message when canceling catalog open part-way through
- Fix intermittent error in column header arrangement when resizing columns
- Improve disk identification intelligence when app asks for a disk to be located
- Fix reversed characters when setting type/creator codes
- Setting creator codes in Item Attributes now works properly
- Fix "Find All" in catalogs with more than 32,000 items
- Automatically filter out Time Machine folders when scanning
- Remove vestigial "Get Finder Info..." and "Sharing..." items from Item menu
- Drag an item to the trash now properly triggers Move to Trash
- Keyboard alternatives including the shift key now trigger properly
- Fix intermittent view corruption when typing inexact name into catalog window with more than 32,000 visible items
- Fix redraw glitch affecting control borders in label template editor when activating Label Template Editor window
- Reverse initial item selected when pressing up/down arrow with nothing selected in both catalog and report windows (consistent with OS X Finder)
- Switch from "K" to "KB" for showing sizes in kilobytes
- Do not show partial search results when canceling search operation
- Countdown in shareware reminder screen now updates properly
- Fix crash when opening some dialog boxes with no catalog window opened (for instance, Preferences...)
Version 2.4.1 (04-Jan-2010)
- Snow Leopard: Fix incorrect dates when scanning some volumes, files, and folders
- Snow Leopard: Fix intermittent crash when scanning disks
- Snow Leopard: Fix intermittent disabled "Scan" button in "Scan Mounted Volume" dialog
- Fix intermittent crash while searching empty volumes
- Fix intermittent crash when doing a "go to parent" from a empty directories
- Fix intermittent disabled UI elements after scanning volume
- Allow sort order to be reversed by clicking on "Scanned Date", "Serial Number", "Disk Label", and "Free Space" column headers
Version 2.4 (22-May-2008)
- Universal Binary version
- Scan into .zip, .sit, and .sitx archives
- Allow decompression from .zip, .sit, and .sitx archives
- Allow compression into .sit and .sitx archives
- Catalog window contents can now be sorted on the contents of any column
- Icons now consistently draw properly on Leopard
- Correct icons and item kinds are now returned far more often
- Properly color icons according to label color
- Exported text file name now has correct .txt extension
- Allow initial serial numbers greater than 9999
- New "Scan Mounted Volume" media selector dialog box
- Decrease scroll wheel sensitivity
- Correctly handle left/right scrolling on scroll wheel/ball
- Fix -36 scan errors when trying to scan server volumes with insufficient privileges
- Fix hang when scanning folders with more than 32,000 items
- Fix "Find" dialog date pickers to work with scanned date or modification date criteria types
- Improve corrupt catalog file handling
- Improve responsiveness when clicking column headers to change sort order
- Fix broken Item filter edit dialog box
- Fix "Edit Parameter" dialog date pickers to work correctly
- New system to identify media during update process makes process more foolproof
- Allow cancellation of scan process from the "names match" or "dates match" alert boxes
- Add "Force Update" button to "disk is already scanned" dialog box
- Properly present user interface to ask for permission to update disks when using batch scanner
- Fix scan error causing some files to be omitted from some StuffIt archives
- Fix possible crash during label printing
- Fix possible catalog corruption causing catalog window to open blank
- Fix possible crash when closing search report window
- Fix 100% processor utilization after clicking path pop-up button in catalog window
- Fix potential crash when application starts up
- Eliminate Mac OS X-irrelevant "Faster batch scanning (disables "Stop" button)" checkbox in General Preferences
- Fix potential crash when scanning corrupt self-extracting .sea archives
- Fix minor visual glitches
Version 2.3.3 (24-Jan-2006)
- Fix bug causing DiskTracker to not launch properly on some installations of Mac OS X Tiger (10.4).
- Update user manual/read me with correct installation instructions.
Version 2.3.2 (28-Jul-2005)
- Fixed crash when viewing search result or Get Info windows in Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger).
- Add option to include file sizes as bytes when exporting to TEXT.
- Clarify text in "Delete Item" confirmation alert box.
- Remember state of "Print All", "Print Selected", or "Print Visible" selection in Print dialog.
- Fixed issue where Paste function did not behave properly when used in the item name edit box.
- Fixed silent failure when scanning PowerFile MediaFinder X changers on Mac OS X 10.3.9.
- Fixed misleading error alert when canceling a print job from the Search Result Window.
- Fixed issue where item name edit box would appear when pressing up or down arrow key immediately after selecting an item.
Version 2.3.1 (23-Jun-2004)
- DiskTracker can now natively scan PowerFile MediaFinder X changers in Mac OS X.
- "Clear" item of "Edit" menu (and "delete" key) can no longer be used to put items in the trash, in order to prevent accidental deletion of files.
- Dotfiles (files whose name starts with a '.') are now marked initiailly invisible when scanning.
- Added "Minimize Window" command to the View menu and adjust command-key mappings.
- Finder label menu returns for users of Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther).
- New ".dtc" file extension allows catalog files with missing type information to be opened.
- Fixed issue where incorrect sizes are reported for some disks scanned with DiskTracker for Mac OS Classic.
- Improved handling of disks with unspecified creation dates.
- Fixed crash when using "Set Item Note..." command from the search result window.
- Fixed crash when using catalog window split bar.
- Fixed crash when setting disk label templates from the "Disks to be Labeled" window.
- Fixed corrupt memory message after aborting a disk update and starting another.
- Fixed issue where Search Result Window cannot be printed with DiskTracker for Mac OS X.
- Fixed intermittant failures of software to correctly detect disk types for disk images, CD/DVD disks, file servers, and Audio CDs.
- Name edit box now closes properly when mouse scroll wheel is used.
- eDoc manuals included with Mac OS classic version of DiskTracker no longer have bottoms of pages cut off.
- Fixed multiple-monitor issues and other redraw glitches.
Version 2.3 (06-May-2003)
- Added support for long filenames (longer than 31 characters) in file, folder, and volume names.
- Added size in bytes to Get Info windows.
- Batch scanner now reads all partitions of a multi-partition disc.
- Fixed intermittent crash when printing disk labels.
- Fixed intermittent crash while performing "Export to TEXT".
- Application no longer crashes after dismissing error dialog box during file-open.
- Cut/Copy/Paste now work properly in catalog list "rename item" field.
- Carbon version now correctly uses Page Setup settings when printing labels.
- Carbon version now correctly supports drag-and-drop scanning of discs to application icon.
- Intermittent crash in item filter while deleting last item in filter.
- 1-character file names now properly print on disk labels.
- Re-opening files no longer produces an empty window in classic Mac OS.
- Disk images are now detected properly in Jaguar.
- Fixed redraw glitches and bugs that might affect stability.
- Fixed redraw glitches.
Version 2.2.2 (22-Jul-2002)
- Fixed potential crash when deleting volumes from the catalog
- Fixed crash when dragging "selection box" off of the bottom of the search result window
- DiskTracker no longer scans the volume twice when using "Batch Scan Disk" and the DiskTracker Extension
- Fixed potential crash when clicking in the content area of a progress bar window
- Fixed behavior under older versions of Mac OS that causes DiskTracker's top-most window to disappear after putting the application in the background
- Cut/copy/paste now work properly in Mac OS X application
- Fixed crash on startup on pre-Mac OS 8 machines missing the Appearance Manager extensions
- Fixed crash while printing labels using certain label templates
- Mouse scroll wheel now works the proper way in label template editor
- Unsaved imported catalog windows no longer closed when opening files
- Fixed several redraw glitches
Version 2.2.1 (16-Apr-2002)
- Fix crash when printing labels from Mac OS X
- Added disk serial number to "locate volume" dialog
- Removed ugly grey "squares" around icons in hierarchy menu in Mac OS X version
- Fixed potential crash when clicking in catalog windows
- Fixed potential crash when activating windows
- Internationalization fixes
- Fixed several redraw glitches
Version 2.2 (07-Mar-2002)
- Mac OS X compatible version
- Numerous User Interface improvements
- Update DiskTracker to be Appearence Manager compliant
- Batch scanner now scans all partitions/sessions of inserted disks/CD-ROMs
- Search Result Window can be reverse-sorted
- Fix crash when editing the first item in an item filter list
- Correct file sizes are scanned for files larger than 2GB
- Fix crash when selecting "New Catalog" when search result window is frontmost
- Fix incorrect "cancel" button behavior on "Save Document Before Quitting" alert
- Fix crash when working with "WindowShaded" catalog windows
- Fix intermittant crash when pasting pictures and other items into Label Template Editor
- It is now possible to cancel a sort on really big search results without being forced to wait for a while
- Scroll bar is positioned and sized correctly in catalog and search result windows containing large numbers of items
- Fix crash when working with empty disks to be labeled list window
- Fixed potential crash in Finder comment scanner
- Localization improvements
- Fix numerous redraw glitches
- A number of other bugs resolved
Version 2.1.1 (19-Apr-2001)
- New PowerFile DVD Jukebox scanner.
- Fixed bug where controls in the "Find Using Filter dialog box occasionally appear incorrectly greyed-out.
- Fixed DiskTracker Extension crash when a "Scan New Disks Into" catalog file is not specified and an unrecognized disk is unmounted.
Fixed unexpected quit/crash on some systems when clicking "More Choices" or "Fewer Choices" in the "Find" dialog box.
- Fixed bug causing DiskTracker, on some systems, to have difficulty locating its support folders ("Label Templates", "Label Sheet Layouts", "Item Filters").
- Fixed bug where blank labels are printed by some printers.
- Fixed intermittent crash when using command keys with no windows open.
- Catalog, search result, and get info window scroll bars now work correctly when there are more than 32,000 visible items in the windows.
- Fixed intermittent crash when scrolling to the end of the window after option-clicking the hierarchy triangle on a top-level item.
- Fixed intermittent crash when scrolling to the end of the window after showing hidden items.
- Fixed bug causing registration codes to be invalid for users with registration names longer than 40 characters.
- Fixed "flashing" dialog item command-key hints on MacOS 9.1 when DiskTracker is in the background and the command key is held down.
- "Hide Item" in the contextual menu no longer does "Get Info
- Added warning when trying to print a disk label with no assigned label template.
- Tweaked positioning of catalog windows opened from disk.
- Added static text reminder to "Export As TEXT" dialog box reminding users how to set which data fields are exported.
- Fixed several user manual inconsistencies.
- Fixed several spelling errors and redraw glitches in DiskTracker application and extension.
Version 2.1 (21-Dec-2000)
- Multi-parameter "Find" dialog box allows searches to contain multiple criteria without requiring an item filter
- Updated look for "Find Using Filter" and "Find Duplicates" dialog boxes
- Scanned file servers are automatically remounted when required for launching, revealing, or other Finder actions
- Added "Search Within Selected Items" mode in search dialogs
- Faster disk updater doesn't rescan StuffIt or Compact Pro archives that have not changed since the last scan
- After cancelling a search partway through, the partially-found list of matches is shown
- Disk serial number is now shown in Search Result Window and Disks To Be Labeled window lists and info panels
- Fixed crash when doing duplicate item search with item filter that returns no items
- Fixed crash when a volume being scanned by the application auto-scanner is unexpectedly unmounted
- Fixed odd behavior/crashing when SRW contains more than 32k results
- Fixed intermittant crash when doing "Copy Item Path" from Search Result Window
- User-set disk type is now preserved by DiskTracker Extension across disk updates
- Bundle resources updated to prevent potential loss of file icons
- Adjusted default width for size and date column headers
- Improved performance of search result "sort" by 1.25-2x
- Increased default memory partition to 4000KB; minimum memory is 1500KB
- Conflict Catcher/Extensions Manager "about" text added to DiskTracker Extension
Version 2.0.3 (24-Oct-2000)
- Attempting to print labels while "Disks to be labeled" window is frontmost no longer causes crashing
- Large improvements in stability when scanning volumes as well as reading and saving large catalog files
- File name now appears correctly when opening a read-only DiskTracker 1.x file
- Sort order can now be changed when the catalog window is not scrolled all the way to the left
- "Set Item Attributes" is no longer enabled when more than one item is selected
- Disk scanner preference settings such as archive scanners, comment scanner, and version number scanner all now correctly affect the Extension's disk scanner
- "Delete..." button in "Edit Item Filter" dialog box now works
- "Delete..." button in "Edit Item Filter" dialog box hilites correctly when creating/deleting/saving filters
- Fixed several spelling errors in application and manual
- Entering item names with option-characters in the rename box now works correctly
Version 2.0.2 (03-Apr-2000)
- StuffIt archive compression/decompression features now work under MacOS 9
- DiskTracker will now look for a preferences file in the application folder before looking in the System Folder; this allows customization of specific DiskTracker installations
- Fixed freeze when an item in an archive is dragged on top of itself
- Fixed bug with FileGuard extension that forced DiskTracker to open all files read-only
- Disk updater now preserves disk type set by user
- Application no longer steals all of the processor time after the mouse is clicked in the menu bar
- Fixed redraw glitch when dragging multiple items around in the label template editor
- When opening label templates in the label template editor, scroll bars are now set to the correct range
- Label template editor no longer makes an item inaccessable when it is dragged out of the label drawing area
- Label template editor scroll bars are updated when items are dragged around in the label template editor
- Fixed bug in label template editor that prevented the "Save" button from becoming enabled after using arrow keys to nudge an item
Version 2.0.1 (07-Mar-2000)
- Fixed intermittent unexpected crash when searching for duplicates
- Background disk scanners now work properly
- Fixed "software no longer supported" error, appearing on 10-Mar-2000 on some copies of DiskTracker 2.0
- Fixed -49 error when saving over a DT 1.x file that has been opened
- Fixed bug where file is saved as 2.0 file the second time it is saved after being saved as a 1.x file
- Fixed bug in nagware counter where zero seconds is sometimes skipped, thereby not allowing the software to be run
- Fixed bugs in volume sort order: descending sort order is now saved, and menu is checked correctly
- Automatically scan new volumes to a specified catalog
- Automatically update volumes in specified catalogs
- Disks scan on eject, unmount, and shutdown, whether or not the DiskTracker application is running
- Preferences set through "DiskTracker Extension Preferences" dialog box in DiskTracker application
- Set a disk filter (similar to an item filter) to choose which disks the extension will scan
- Choose modifiers to hold down to temporarily disable the DiskTracker Extension
- StuffIt 5.0 archive scanner
- Optional comment scanner records Finder comments
- Optional version number scanner records file version numbers
- Convenient "Update Volume" command allows selected volumes to be updated by choosing "Update Volume" from the Scan Menu
- Option to make invisible items hidden during scan saves sanity
Drag and Drop
- Drag a disk from the Finder to scan it
- Remove a disk from a catalog by dragging to the trash
- Copy disks between catalogs by dragging
- Copy or move items within DiskTracker catalogs by dragging them onto other items within DiskTracker or the Finder
- Delete items by dragging them to the trash
- Drag items out of StuffIt archives to decompress them (requires the StuffIt Engine)
- Drag items into StuffIt archives to compress them (requires the StuffIt Engine)
- Edit item attributes within the disk catalog and have the changes be mirrored onto the actual item
- Item Name
- File Type and Creator
- Finder Label
- Creation and Modification Dates
- Finder Comments
- Lock and Hidden atributes
- New Item menu contains commands to edit items and their attributes
- Assign Finder labels right from the Item menu
- Put items in the trash
- Delete items outright (bypassing trash)
- Empty the trash
- Create new folders
- Get Finder info and edit sharing permissions
- System 8-style list view improvements:
- New, optional, greyscale appearance-style grid in catalog and search result windows
- New MacOS 8-style icons
- Dates optionally given in relative style (e.g., "Today", "Yesterday")
- Hide Item command allows undesired items to be removed from view
- Rename items via a Finder-like name edit box
- Control-click on items for a contextual menu
- Item Notes allows a comment to be attached to an item in the disk catalog; item notes are retained across disk updates
- Menus rearranged and updated to be more intuitive
- Option to set the first catalog serial number assigned
- Preference dialogs overhauled substantially
- Large volume support; DiskTracker now supports volumes up to 2 terabytes, up from 4 gigabytes in DT 1.1.3/1.1.4
- Option to choose on which volume the temporary DiskTracker data is stored
- International localizability improved
- Multi-user access allows several users to open the same DiskTracker catalog read-only
- New "Name does not start with" and "Name does not end with" search terms
- New disk types:
- File Server
- Disk Image
- More than two columns supported in Label template file lists